How much does it cost to file a tax return?
We provide to you a free online estimation tool to check your tax return amount. The fee for a standard tax return is $87.00 AUD (in case of complicated tax affairs additional fee may apply)
Will I definitely get a refund?
No. The tax return amount depends on a number of factors including what tax you’ve paid, what your income was and any offsets and work-related expenses incurred during the tax year. However, we’ll apply all the reliefs you can avail of to reduce your tax liability and maximize your refund.
Will I be fined for not filing a tax return?
You’ll be charged $170 every 28 days your tax return is late after the October 31st deadline.
What documents do I need?
To provide the best solution for filing your return, we’ll need:
- 1. A copy of your photo identification
- 2. All PAYG summary(ies)/Final Cumulative payslip(s) from your employer(s)
- 3. Signed letter of engagement appointing us as your tax affairs representatives
- 4. Any additional documents relevant for your particular tax situation.
What expenses can I claim?
Our aim is to put as many dollars back in your pocket. We deliver that by claiming the deductions that apply to your situation, in order to reduce your tax liability. We’ll also use any offsets that you are entitled to. In our experience, many of our clients don’t know what offsets can be used to directly reduce their taxable income!
Can I claim for expenses if I’ve lost my receipts?
If you have had a few expenses but lost the receipts don't worry you can claim up to $300 of expenses without receipts but anything over you will need to supply them.
How do I know if I'm a resident or non-resident for tax purposes?
The tax residency determination in Australia can be complicated and it’s very important to declare your residency status correctly when you’re filing for your Australian tax refund. You are generally deemed a resident for tax purposes in Oz if show you’ve been living and working in the same location for a period of more than 6 months (183 days to be exact!). Your residency status for tax purposes is important because it helps determine your liability to pay Australian income tax.If you're an Australian resident for tax purposes, you:
- Are entitled to the tax-free threshold
- Can claim a number of tax offsets
- Are generally taxed at lower tax rates than a foreign resident
We’ll determine your tax residency for you; that’s why we include a short residency questionnaire in our registration form.
How long does it take?
ATO has a processing time of 30 days for electronic tax returns. However they aim to process them faster and you will receive your refund usually in 12 days after the lodgment. An extended processing time applies in case your application is audited by ATO The processing time for paper tax returns is usually within 50 days.
Are you services compliant?
In order to ensure that we provide the best Australian tax solution for our clients, we work with a registered tax agent in Australia who is registered in the Tax Practitioners Board that regulates the tax agents in the country.
How does the GetTaxSolutions service work?
- 1. Fill your income tax details on our estimator and receive preliminary free estimation of the tax amount you are owed or you owe to the tax office
- 2. Submit our Online registration form with as many details as possible
- 3. Submit to us your supporting documentation (PAYGs, final cumulative Payslips, expenses receipts, etc)
- 4. Pay our processing fee of 87.00 AUD (additional fee may apply in case of more complicated tax returns)
- 5. Fill, sign and email to us the authorization form needed to process your application along with a copy of your ID document (photo page and the one including your signature)
- 6. When we receive the above, we will assess your tax situation and will provide you with a final estimation
- 7. We will lodge your return in 12 hours after we have all the documents needed to assemble it.
- 8. ATO has a processing time of 30 days for electronic tax returns. However they aim to process them faster and you will receive your refund usually in 12 days after the lodgment. An extended processing times apply in case your application is audited by ATO
Where do I start?
If you like to avail of our Australian income tax solution, ...