Superannuation or ‘super’ is the compulsory pension scheme in Australia. If you’re earning more than $450 per month in Oz, your employer contributes the equivalent to 9.5% of your income to a super fund for you.
Can I get my superannuation back?
If you’ve worked in Australia as a temporary resident you may be eligible to claim back your superannuation money if:
- You visited on an eligible temporary visa
- Your visa has ceased to be in effect (that is, has expired or been cancelled)
- You have departed Australia
How much superannuation can I get back?
The amount depends on factors such as the contributions made by your employer and the type of fund you paid into. The amount of superannuation you can claim back is subject to the administration and insurance fees of your superannuation fund scheme, as well as a 38% final withholding tax deducted by the Australian government.
I worked in Australia many years age - can I still claim my superannuation refund?
Yes! We can help you obtain your Australian superannuation refund provided you've left the country permanently and your visa has expired and if there is still money into your superannuation account.
How long will it take to get my Australian superannuation refund?
We will submit your application in 12 hours. Depending on your superannuation fund it will take between 1-3 months to get the refund back. Some funds also may require additional documents to finalize the claim and we will support you in this part of the process as well.
Do I need to get my documents certified?
Yes. Some of the funds in Australia require additional documentation to finalize the superannuation claim. You may need to prepare certified copies of your ID document(s) in order the superannuation application to be finalized. We’ll advise you on the requirements of your specific fund.
How much will it cost?
We have a flat fee of 87.00 AUD.
Can I go back to Australia if I claim my Superannuation?
You can return to Australia on another visa even if you claim and receive your superannuation money.
How does the GetTaxSolutions service work?
- 1. Fill our registration form and authorise us to deal with your superannuation affairs
- 2. Pay our final processing fee of only 87.00 AUD
- 3. We will submit the application to your super fund in 12 hours
- 4. Depending on your superannuation fund additional forms may be required. If this is the case we will assists you with the preparation before submitting them to the fund
- 5. It usually takes 4 – 12 weeks for the cheque to be posted to your home address, depending on the procedures of your super fund