Our New Zealand IRD Number Service is very easy.
Your New Zealand identificatoins number (IRD number) is your personal reference number in the tax system that allows you to engage in work activities with New Zealand employers.
Your New Zealand number is an important part of your tax and records as well as your identity, so keep it secure.
When you are issued with an IRD number it’s yours for life. You keep the same IRD number even if you change your name, change jobs, move interstate or go overseas.
It is not obligatory to have an IRD number, but without one you pay more tax. You also won’t be able to apply for government benefits or lodge your tax return.
We can help you to get you IRD number if you are currently in New Zealand (or intend to go there) and you have:
- a valid permanent migrant visa, or
- a valid visa with work rights, or
- a valid overseas student visa, or
- a valid visa allowing you to stay in New Zealand indefinitely.
How it works!
- 1. Submit your details to us
- 2. Pay our processing fee of 15.00 NZD
- 3. We will confirm the reception and prepare for you the form required to obtain your IRD number.
4. We will email the application form to you, including instructions how to finalize your IRD Number
! Important – Some mailbox providers may direct our correspondence to your spam folder. Please add email@example.com to your mailbox trusted list to ensure you receive our updates).